When we were looking for a new house this last spring, I almost did not even go into this one. Needless to say, the exterior did not do anything for me. One of our friends called it the “Swiss Colony”…. yeah, that pretty much sums it up!
After going through the house, and looking at the view on the back side, the façade became irrelevant (in the decision making process). Over the past 6 months we have come up with a plan to improve the exterior. It mainly involves PAINT! Here is what we would like to do to it (bear with me… a photoshop genius I am not!)
I used Sherwin Williams color visualizer- you can find it here. The plan is to paint out all the “decorative” trim pieces on the body the same color. This shows it as 2 different colors- I couldn’t get the colors to do exactly what I wanted! These next houses are closer to the gray color we want to use. The front door will be replaced and stained a dark wood tone, like this
This house is my inspiration… I have it tagged a bunch of times on Houzz
and this one…
Here is the exterior to do list:
- Paint exterior medium gray (Ben Moore AF700 Storm??)
- Paint trim pieces framing the windows white
- Replace green curly Q trim with straight white trim
- New front door- stain med/dark brown
- New windows on front of house and above kitchen sink
- New garage door
- New garage door opener (xmas present this year? how pathetic am I?)
New exterior lights
- Seal driveway/fix low areas
- New roof, standing seam metal, like this
- Paint bunkhouse
- Replace fence in side yard
- Add outdoor shower to right of screen porch
The landscaping of the backyard and bank down to the lake will be in a separate post. That part makes my head hurt!
Hopefully we will be able to cross off some more of these items next year! Paint is my #1 item!!!
Are you thinking of exterior projects for next year? Painting the house? New landscaping?